There are thousands of wedding photographers offering thousands of different photo packages to make your wedding day complete. Some just charge a few hundred dollars to show up on the day and shoot, others charge thousands for elaborative packages with endless options. How do you choose from so many, and how do you know you’re getting the best deal?
The average cost for a wedding photographer can vary based on several factors. Much depends on the quality of work of the photographer and expertise he delivers. Depending on your budget, the most important thing is to get the highest quality photos, with or without all the extra frills.
First of all, here is what they should offer as a basic minimum:
1) Full photographic coverage, an online album and ALL of your digital negatives. Most offer unlimited number of pictures taken but some packages may limit the number, check for this.
2) For optimum flexibility with pricing, you should be able to choose from different time range packages, starting from a minimum of 4 hours to complete full day, from pre-wedding photos until the party into the wee hours if you want.
3) You should have printing rights to all photos.
Extra touches in wedding photography packages can include:
1) DVD slideshow to music. This is something most people want, especially if they are able to choose the music, as it sums up the day in one beautiful presentation.
2) Extra 8×12 or 11×14 enlargements which the couple gets to choose.
3) A wedding album (ranging from 30 – 300 photos). Buying extra pages in your album is usually an option.
Above and Beyond Packages:
1) Pre-wedding photo session such as the bride and groom getting ready or an engagement photo session.
2) Includes an album from the engagement photo session you can show to your guests at the wedding.
3) Fancy extras such as coffee table art books, digital magazine style albums, hybrid albums, canvases, acrylics, or blocks.
A meet and greet engagement photo session is a great way to start your wedding storybook, and also to see the photographer in action before the big day. This is a sure-fire way to be certain you have made the right choice in photographer.
It is always a good idea to compare photographer prices in your area. If you live in a big city you may be paying more for a photographer based there compared to a smaller town. It doesn’t necessarily mean the quality is better because they charge more. If you get an out of town photographer to try to save money, they may charge extra for the commute. Compare and research.
Keep in mind that additional photographer hours can cost up to $150. You can also choose to have a second photographer to capture impromptu moments with your guests while you are being photographed with your spouse. This can cost from anywhere between $300 – $600.
One thing to remember is that if you are able to buy the basic package first, then purchase add-ons later, make sure the photographer will honor the original package price and you are not penalized for adding the extras. As you have no idea how the photos will turn out until after they’re taken and developed, it is a reasonable request.
Of course you can choose to create an album yourself with the online photo CD you will receive, but this can be extremely time consuming in the aftermath of a busy time. If you want to leave it to the professionals, all wedding photography albums should come with life-time warranty and be of top quality.
Some wedding packages offer complete services which include DJ, videographer and full photography package. It is worth comparing how much this all costs separately before going for the ‘package deal’ which may not be a deal at all.
About Us:With Silver Boat Photography you get professional, award-winning photographers who combine artistic styles with creative photo journalism to create the highest quality photos. Based in Sydney, they offer competitive wedding photo and video packages to suit every personality and every budget. Silver Boat also rents out fun photo booths for weddings and other occasions or events, to combine fun, memories, and entertainment, all in one place. The team at Silver Boat can help at all stages of your wedding, from pre-wedding shoots to post-party sessions. All photographers are members of the AIPP. Visit their website at www.silverboat.com.au to find out more and see examples of their work.Contact-Silver Boat Photography2/75 Bronte Rd, Bondi JunctionNSW, Australia, 2022Contact No. 02 9389 5309Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article Source: EzineArticles.com
To learn more about a great online class, check out – Photography Master Class
For a bit of fun check out – Trick Photography
Want to see the latest and greatest photo equipment and reviews?